- Therapeutic nutrition – Nutrition therapy is the most critical tool in my toolbox. A wilted plant can’t return to thriving without water, sunlight, and good soil. And you can’t get better without the nutrients your body needs and a practical plan to prepare them and eat them. When you find your nutritional “sweet spot,” your biochemistry naturally shifts, bringing hormones, brain chemistry, and metabolism into balance. As your natural healing processes kick in, you’ll feel more focused, get more done with less pain, and have more high-quality hours in your day.
- Traditional Herbalism – Once the nutrition piece is in place, herbs are a great place to look for symptom relief. Good quality herbs have a complex balance of important phytochemicals and phytonutrients with scientifically proven benefits. Plant medicine can also effect change on a more subtle, energetic level to bring emotional and spiritual awareness and healing.
- Medical Astrology – Getting healthy naturally takes time, and it isn’t just about carbs and vitamins. Astrology helps us explore the deeper meanings of your journey and points the way to winning strategies and optimal timing.
I am a certified Nutrition therapist. I am NOT a registered dietician.
- 2015-2018 Nutrition Therapy Institute. Denver, Colorado. The 305 classroom hour CNTP curriculum includes coursework in anatomy and physiology, biochemical foundations of nutrition, nutrient science, weight management, digestive health, detoxification, food quality, eating psychology, and the practice of nutrition therapy.
(NTI is accredited by the State of Colorado and recognized by the NANP).
- 2017-2018 Apex Seminars, created by Dr. Datis Kharrazian. Functional Endocrinology (16 hours), Mastering the Thyroid (20 hours), Mastering Brain Chemistry (21 hours), Mastering Blood Chemistry (21 hours).
- 2010 Zero Balancing I and II with Judith Sullivan. Charlottesville, Virginia. ZB is a simple bodywork technique that eases tension and relieves energetic “hangups” in the bones and joints. Advanced training course “Freely Movable Joints” 2012.
- 2007 Depth Diagnosis with herbalist and earth poet Stephen Buhner. Louisa, Virginia. Five-weekend workshop on intuitively accessing nature intelligence in the environment and using one’s own innate wisdom to understand a person’s condition and match them with the appropriate plant medicine.
- 2005-2006 Foundations of Herbalism with herbalist Kathleen Maier, Charlottesville, Virginia. 9-month apprenticeship in traditional plant medicine and community herbalism.
- 2000 Reiki I and II with Chic Katherman in Richmond, Virginia.
- 1996-2005 Private apprenticeship/mentoring in astrology.
- 1994 B.A. in History with honors, the University of Texas at Austin.
- National Association of Nutrition Professionals
- National Council for Geocosmic Research
- Toastmasters International